Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moorlyn Terrace


These are the rooming houses on Ocean Avenue that were at the end of Moorlyn Terrace. The Ocean City Music Pier is on the boardwalk at Moorlyn Terrace, which is only two blocks long.

Kazmark's motel is to the left on the corner, across from the Post Office.

"Quicky," like my father, was a former Camden policeman who owned the house on the left with his wife. The two rooming houses on the right were connected together.

My house, 819 Wesley was just behind the these two houses.

All three were torn down in the early 1980s where a large condo unit was constructed off the ground, with the entire ground floor used for parking. (designed by my friend architect Jack Snyder).

The photo is taken from across the street and a little bit down Moorlyn Terrace where Browns guest house was located. It too consisted of two houses joined together by a porch.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. My parents owned/operated the Moorlyn View from 1970 - 1978, I have fond memories living there (818 - ground floor). I attended OC Schools during that time along with my sisters.

    ReplyDelete